Louis Roederer Cristal 2012
Louis Roederer (Champagne)
£185.00 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£1,109.98 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£2,219.96 + £9.58 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
Shipping: TheDrinkShop UK
£ You will receive 2.84 points for each unit bought
Technical sheet · Louis Roederer Cristal
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2012 Other vintages|
|Grapes:||Pinot Noir (60%), Chardonnay (40%)|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
If you liked Louis Roederer Cristal 2012, you may also enjoy...
Description · Louis Roederer
Louis Roederer Cristal 2012 (Pinot Noir and Chardonnay)
- View: Bright golden yellow; lively effervescence.
- Nose: Rich and complex; aromas of citrus fruits, candied lemon, acidic fruits, white flowers, toasted hazelnuts, vanilla and pastry; smoky aroma with aeration.
- Mouth: Concentrated, tense and powerful, very elegant; silky and enveloping structure; fresh and chalky.
NAME OF ORIGIN: Champagne
VINEYARD: Louis Roederer
GRAPES: 40% Chardonnay, 60% Pinot Noir.
AGING: 6 years in the cellar; rest 8 months after disgorgement.
PREPARATION: The harvest is carried out exactly 100 days after the flowering of the vine; pressing; first fermentation that lasts until spring; crus assembly; second fermentation on pupitre.
PAIRING: Fish, caviar, oysters, seafood, shellfish
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6-8 ºC
A passion for great wines and a desire to compensate for the limits that the "château policy" naturally imposes on the development of Louis Roederer Champagne have, over the years, driven Jean Claude and then Frédéric Rouzaud to acquire an exclusive group of properties around the Champagne House...
Buy Louis Roederer Wine:
Highlighted review about Louis Roederer Cristal 2012
Posted on 19/12/19 at 05.19
Louis Roederer Cristal 2012
- Golden yellow in colour with glistening gold tints. Incredibly dynamic effervescence, so lively you can almost hear it!
- Rich and complex aromas with notes of zesty and candied fruit (lemon) mingled with pollen (white flowers), roasted hazelnut and Madagascar vanilla. After aeration, the bouquet develops rich notes of fresh pastries and smoky notes from bottle ageing. A delicious, concentrated and chalky palate. It shows incredible tension and perfectly honed aromatic precision. The attack is powerful, distinctive and concentrated and reveals a silky, mouth-coating texture, characteristic of the ripe Pinot noirs from the 2012 vintage.
- A deep and vinous wine, bright and noble, a true Cristal. It is balanced by a chalky freshness that cuts through and stretches the wine giving it with a slender fuselage and great finesse.
- The finish is long and remarkably concentrated.
More reviews about Louis Roederer Cristal 2012
Posted on 13/12/19 at 09.39
Posted on 27/11/19 at 05.18
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Louis Roederer Cristal 2009
- Yellow gold in colour with amber tints and persistent, fine and lively bubbles. Subtle on the nose with notes of citrus compote, candied apricots and honeysuckle. When aerated, notes of vanilla and cocoa bean emerge, with toasted hazelnut, hints of liquorice and even a touch of cinnamon.
- The palate is structured and energetic with chalky, cherry freshness and an almost mentholated brightness. The Cristal 2009 is delicate and etherial, exceptionally focussed and full of energy.
- Perfect with white fish such as monk fish, and white meats.
- A continental, sunny year with a real winter that was very cold and dry followed by a glorious sun-filled summer and almost no rain in August and September. All this meant traditional vine growth, excellent health and remarkable grape ripeness for the production of dense, fruity and delicious wines. 2009 is an obvious addition to the select group of brilliant and accomplished Champagne vintages with a light, sunny character.
- 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay.