Louis Roederer Cristal 201275cl
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2012 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
Description of Louis Roederer Cristal 2012
Louis Roederer Cristal 2012 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- View: Bright golden yellow; lively effervescence.
- Nose: Rich and complex; aromas of citrus fruits, candied lemon, acidic fruits, white flowers, toasted hazelnuts, vanilla and pastry; smoky aroma with aeration.
- Mouth: Concentrated, tense and powerful, very elegant; silky and enveloping structure; fresh and chalky.
NAME OF ORIGIN: Champagne
VINEYARD: Louis Roederer
GRAPES: 40% Chardonnay, 60% Pinot Noir.
AGING: 6 years in the cellar; rest 8 months after disgorgement.
PREPARATION: The harvest is carried out exactly 100 days after the flowering of the vine; pressing; first fermentation that lasts until spring; crus assembly; second fermentation on pupitre.
PAIRING: Fish, caviar, oysters, seafood, shellfish
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6-8 ºC
How to serve
A passion for great wines and a desire to compensate for the limits that the "château policy" naturally imposes on the development of Louis Roederer Champagne have, over the years, driven Jean Claude and then Frédéric Rouzaud to acquire an exclusive group of properties around the Champagne House in Reims which, although managed truly independently, share the same philosophy of excellence, and today make up the "Louis Roederer Group".More about the Winery
Reviews of Louis Roederer Cristal 2012
- Yellow gold in colour with amber tints and persistent, fine and lively bubbles. Subtle on the nose with notes of citrus compote, candied apricots and honeysuckle. When aerated, notes of vanilla and cocoa bean emerge, with toasted hazelnut, hints of liquorice and even a touch of cinnamon.
- The palate is structured and energetic with chalky, cherry freshness and an almost mentholated brightness. The Cristal 2009 is delicate and etherial, exceptionally focussed and full of energy.
- Perfect with white fish such as monk fish, and white meats.
- A continental, sunny year with a real winter that was very cold and dry followed by a glorious sun-filled summer and almost no rain in August and September. All this meant traditional vine growth, excellent health and remarkable grape ripeness for the production of dense, fruity and delicious wines. 2009 is an obvious addition to the select group of brilliant and accomplished Champagne vintages with a light, sunny character.
- 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay.