Louis Roederer Cristal 2008
Louis Roederer (Champagne)
£212.18 + £16.41 Shipping (6 - 9 days)
£1,455.02 + £12.99 Shipping (7 days)
£2,910.04 + £12.99 Shipping (7 days)
Shipping: Xtrawine UK (Italy)
£ You will receive 3.25 points for each unit bought
Technical sheet · Louis Roederer Cristal
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2008 Other vintages|
|Grapes:||Pinot Noir (55%), Chardonnay (45%)|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
If you liked Louis Roederer Cristal 2008, you may also enjoy...
Description · Louis Roederer
Louis Roederer Cristal 2008 (Pinot Noir and Chardonnay)
TASTING NOTES OF Louis Roederer Cristal 2008:
- View: Louis Roederer Cristal Brut 2008 is a sparkling lemon yellow with bright and slightly orange reflections.
- Nose: Delicate and subtle, with elegant aromas of red fruits (strawberries, figs) and citrus notes.
- Mouth: It has a perfect, round, thin and elegant, balanced with a long, powerful finish. It is youthful and energetic spring, all supported on a great mineral freshness.
BODEGA: Louis Roederer.
GRAPES: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay.
WINERY: Louis Roederer.
WINE PAIRING: Ideal to consume only, it can also be accompanied by oysters or caviar.
ALCOHOL: 12% Vol.
TEMPERATURE: 10 °C
A passion for great wines and a desire to compensate for the limits that the "château policy" naturally imposes on the development of Louis Roederer Champagne have, over the years, driven Jean Claude and then Frédéric Rouzaud to acquire an exclusive group of properties around the Champagne House...
Buy Louis Roederer Wine:
More reviews about Louis Roederer Cristal 2008
Posted on 10/02/20 at 12.18
- View: amber, green and orange reflections. fine, regular and dynamic effervescence.
- Nose: Complex and intense bouquet of candied citrus fruits, yellow fruits, pear Williams, pollen and toasted almond, intense bouquet, accurate and chiseled.
- Mouth: purity, desgadez, freshness and complexity. Salinity stress and vibrant present.
VINEYARD: Terroir: Poor and chalky soils.
GRAPES: 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay.
AGEING: 8 years maturation in cellars and rest 8 months after disgorgement. Dosage of 8 grams of sugar per liter.
PREPARATION: 20% of wines vinified in wood (oak casks) with a weekly bazuqueo. 20% of the wine undergoes malolactic fermentation.
PAIRING: blue fish, oysters, caviar, baked white fish, raw seafood, with all kinds of dishes and snacks.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6-8 °C
Posted on 03/02/20 at 12.19
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Louis Roederer Cristal 2009
- Yellow gold in colour with amber tints and persistent, fine and lively bubbles. Subtle on the nose with notes of citrus compote, candied apricots and honeysuckle. When aerated, notes of vanilla and cocoa bean emerge, with toasted hazelnut, hints of liquorice and even a touch of cinnamon.
- The palate is structured and energetic with chalky, cherry freshness and an almost mentholated brightness. The Cristal 2009 is delicate and etherial, exceptionally focussed and full of energy.
- Perfect with white fish such as monk fish, and white meats.
- A continental, sunny year with a real winter that was very cold and dry followed by a glorious sun-filled summer and almost no rain in August and September. All this meant traditional vine growth, excellent health and remarkable grape ripeness for the production of dense, fruity and delicious wines. 2009 is an obvious addition to the select group of brilliant and accomplished Champagne vintages with a light, sunny character.
- 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay.