Louis Roederer Cristal 200775cl
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
Discover More About Our Products
Not everyone knows that the most famous product of the house Louis Roederer was born in 1876 to satisfy a request of Tsar Alexander II. The emperor of Russia, in fact, asked Louis Roederer to reserve for him every year the best cuvée of the Maison. To make this champagne even more exceptional, a special flat-bottomed crystal bottle was created, a material from which the famous Cristal took its name.
Made only in the great vintages, just like 2007, the Cristal must age for 6 years in the cellar and rest 8 months after disgorging. The Louis Roederer Cristal 2007 can be kept for 20 years without losing its freshness, dictated by fruity and citrus aromas, and its intense character. A truly imperial wine.
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2007 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Nero, Pinot Noir, Pinot|
|Starting Year For Optimal Consumption:||2015|
|Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:||2021|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
Description of Louis Roederer Cristal 2007
Louis Roederer Cristal 2007 (Chardonnay, Pinot Nero, Pinot Noir and Pinot)
TASTING NOTES OF Louis Roederer Cristal 2007:
- View: Golden Oak and warm slightly orange highlights. Impeccable, thin, regular and bubble dynamics.
- Nose: an attack of juicy and ripe fruit (pear Williams), slightly tangy red fruit (blackcurrant) notes hot pastry and caramelized apple pie fresh from the oven, notes of white chocolate and hazelnut aromas juxtaposition ripe fruit, with acid and sugar, more roasted notes of parenting.
- Mouth: concentrated attack on the palate with ripe fruit, hints of smoke, depth. silky texture, velvety, almost fluxes, fade and sensual set. A dusty and salt on the tip of the tongue nuances.
VINEYARD: Louis Roederer
GRAPES: 58% Pinot noir - 42% Chardonnay - 15% of wines produced in wood (oak casks) with a weekly bazuqueo.
How to serve
A passion for great wines and a desire to compensate for the limits that the "château policy" naturally imposes on the development of Louis Roederer Champagne have, over the years, driven Jean Claude and then Frédéric Rouzaud to acquire an exclusive group of properties around the Champagne House in Reims which, although managed truly independently, share the same philosophy of excellence, and today make up the "Louis Roederer Group".More about the Winery
Reviews of Louis Roederer Cristal 2007
- Yellow gold in colour with amber tints and persistent, fine and lively bubbles. Subtle on the nose with notes of citrus compote, candied apricots and honeysuckle. When aerated, notes of vanilla and cocoa bean emerge, with toasted hazelnut, hints of liquorice and even a touch of cinnamon.
- The palate is structured and energetic with chalky, cherry freshness and an almost mentholated brightness. The Cristal 2009 is delicate and etherial, exceptionally focussed and full of energy.
- Perfect with white fish such as monk fish, and white meats.
- A continental, sunny year with a real winter that was very cold and dry followed by a glorious sun-filled summer and almost no rain in August and September. All this meant traditional vine growth, excellent health and remarkable grape ripeness for the production of dense, fruity and delicious wines. 2009 is an obvious addition to the select group of brilliant and accomplished Champagne vintages with a light, sunny character.
- 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay.