Louis Roederer Brut Premier
Louis Roederer (Champagne)
£39.90 + £12.31 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£239.38 + £12.31 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£478.76 + £12.31 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
Shipping: Urban Drinks UK (Germany)
£ You will receive 0.59 points for each unit bought
The Louis Roederer Brut Premier qualifies itself as a modern classic in the world of champagnes. As per Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon, cellar master of Louis Roederer, its freshness, finesse, and merriment are "an invitation to celebrate". The Brut Premier was born at the beginning of the 20th century. After World War I destroyed half the winery, Léon Olry Roederer bought additional grapes to ensure the brand's survival. At the same time, he created a wine of several vintages with a constant taste, independent from the year of harvest - the Brut Premier of today. It's exactly this history that makes this sparkling to a great classic from the Champagne which at the same time, shows to be powerful and modern.
Technical sheet · Louis Roederer Brut Premier
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Sparkling Colour :||Rosé|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay (40%), Pinot Noir (40%), Pinot Meunier (20%)|
|Pairing:||StartersMeatFishSeafoodSnacks and appetizersWhite meat|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
|W&S Magazine Score:||88|
If you liked Louis Roederer Brut Premier, you may also enjoy...
Description · Louis Roederer
Louis Roederer Brut Premier (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier)
TASTING NOTES: Louis Roederer Brut Premier
- View: Pale gold with green tints
- Nose: Fresh apples, aromas of red fruits like raspberry, blackberry and cherry, followed by notes of almonds and toast
- Mouth: Complex and elegant at once. Winy and fresh. Nice bubbles, a fruity finish and toasty. Perfect balance between the structure of Pinot Noir and finesse of Chardonnay.
VINEYARD: Louis Roederer
GRAPES: Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir
VINIFICATION: Separate vinification of the three varieties in oak barrels.
AGEING: After the assemblage, 3 years in the cellar and at least, further 6 months after the dégorgement
PAIRING: Ideal for aperitif, seafood, fish and white meat
A passion for great wines and a desire to compensate for the limits that the "château policy" naturally imposes on the development of Louis Roederer Champagne have, over the years, driven Jean Claude and then Frédéric Rouzaud to acquire an exclusive group of properties around the Champagne House...
Buy Louis Roederer Wine:
More reviews about Louis Roederer Brut Premier
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
This is a structured and elegantly mature wine, with a lively attack and a smooth palate.
- The blend is 1/3 Chardonnay and 2/3 Pinots, including 10% of reserve wines aged in oak casks for 2-5 years. The maturation is an average of three years ageing on lees, plus another six months after disgorging.
- A pale golden colour, delicate with a persistent beading. Rich yet subtle bouquet with hints of hawthorn, almonds and toast. Clean attack, creamy structure.
- Brut Premier is excellent as an aperitif but also readily accompanies light entrees based on fish or shellfish.
Posted on 07/01/19 at 12.32
- View: bright golden yellow.
- Nose: aroma of medium to high intensity, white fruits, nuts, citrus touches, yeast, toasted, flowers and pastries.
- Mouth: full, complex characteristics of maturity associated with fruit notes. With final persistence.
GRAPES: 56% Pinot Noir, 34% Chardonnay and 10% Pinot Meunier.
AGEING: 3 years maturation in oak barrels underground and a break of 6 months after disgorging.
PREPARATION: partial malolactic fermentation.
PAIRING: honey prawns, seafood in general and terrine of foie gras with almond jelly.
TEMPERATURE: 8 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12%
Posted on 10/12/18 at 14.38
- View: clear, green highlights.
- Nose: floral aromas
- Mouth: soft and medium bodied, smooth, with a good length.
GRAPES: 56% Pinot Noir, 34% Chardonnay and 10% Pinot Meunier
PAIRING: seafood, grilled white meat.
TEMPERATURE: 8 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12%