Dom Perignon Vintage 200575cl
Dom Pérignon Vintage 2010
Discover More About Our Products
Elaborated from the grape varieties Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, we present you the Dom Pérignon Vintage 2005. This vintage champagne from Champagne shows maturity and an incredible richness of aromas. James Suckling applauds the Dom Pérignon Vintage 2005 as "the best since 2002, which remains the best recent vintage and is probably only eclipsed by the amazing 100-point 1996". But also, expert Jancis Robinson puts her shirt on that Dom Pérignon with 17.5 out of 20 points.
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2005 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
|Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:||2022|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
Description of Dom Perignon Vintage 2005
Dom Perignon Vintage 2005 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
TASTING NOTES OF Dom Perignon 2005:
- View: pale yellow, golden hues.
- Nose: floral, vegetable and spicy nuances.
- Mouth: lively aromas, rich, very elegant and delicate white fruit.
VINEYARD: Moët & Chandon
GRAPES: 52% Chardonnay, 48% Pinot noir.
PAIRING: appetizer, fish, shellfish, crustacean, poultry, cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 8-10 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12.5%
How to serve
Reviews of Dom Perignon Vintage 2005
- Palate: The wine's opulence - contained and succulent, round at heart - reveals itself in the mouth. The envelope slides and stretches, and the wine becomes more complex and edgy, silkier than it is creamy. The whole eventually melts into an exquisite bitterness tinged with the briny taste of the sea
- The weather in 2006 was mixed, but warm and dry overall. While July was scorching hot, August was unusually cool and wet. The almost summery weather in September made the vintage possible by drying out the few patches of botrytis and maturing the grapes far more than usual. The harvest began on September 11 and lasted nearly four weeks.
Dom Perignon 2006
Fantastic colour. Very yeasty and biscuity on the nose. It had a correct astringency.
I took this Champagne during a brunch.