Dom Perignon Vintage 196675cl
Dom Pérignon Vintage 2010
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||1966 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
Description of Dom Perignon Vintage 1966
Dom Perignon Vintage 1966 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- View: Dom Perignon 1966 is dark golden colour, the bubble is active
- Nose: is a resounding, vinous with hints of wood wine shows mineral and smoky character on the nose
- Mouth: palate evokes a blend of vanilla ginger and dried apricot, and has a long finish and exquisite rounded
PAIRING: risotto with truffle
CELLAR: Dom Pérignon
GRAPES: Pinot Noir
How to serve
Reviews of Dom Perignon Vintage 1966
- Palate: The wine's opulence - contained and succulent, round at heart - reveals itself in the mouth. The envelope slides and stretches, and the wine becomes more complex and edgy, silkier than it is creamy. The whole eventually melts into an exquisite bitterness tinged with the briny taste of the sea
- The weather in 2006 was mixed, but warm and dry overall. While July was scorching hot, August was unusually cool and wet. The almost summery weather in September made the vintage possible by drying out the few patches of botrytis and maturing the grapes far more than usual. The harvest began on September 11 and lasted nearly four weeks.
Dom Perignon 2006
Fantastic colour. Very yeasty and biscuity on the nose. It had a correct astringency.
I took this Champagne during a brunch.