Bollinger R.D. Magnum 1997
£304.50 (Approximate price)
It is not possible to buy Bollinger R.D. Magnum 1997 right now.
Technical sheet · Bollinger R.D.
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||1997 Other vintages|
|Volume:||150cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Extra Brut|
You may also be interested in...
Description · Bollinger
Bollinger R.D. Magnum 1997 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- View: Light golden hue.
- Nose: Explosive aromatics that blend seamlessly into the layers of ripe fruit.
- Palate: Fruit sufficient to provide excellent balance.
GRAPES: 75% Pinot Noir and 25% Chardonnay.
TEMPERATURE: between 4 ° C and 8 ºC
PAIRING: Appetizers, Poultry, Seafood, Cheese mild white fish.
Bollinger is a great wine, much more than a great champagne. So here it starts through the vineyards and the demand for the best with regard to the selection of the cru. With 163 acres, Bollinger operates more than 60% of the vineyard you need, a wholly exceptional situation in champagne, which...
Buy Bollinger Wine:
More reviews about Bollinger R.D. Magnum 1997
Posted on 25/05/15 at 10.21
- View: Bollinger R.D. Magnum 1997 is a light yellow-gold color.
- Nose: Large smoky aromas of dried citrus fruit, peach, poached pear and honey, with a spicy flavor that builds slowly.
- Mouth: Opens and gently sweet on entry, then tighter and mineral notes on the mid-palate, offering flavors of orchard and vivid orange fruit, hints of nougat and praline. Gently blends the richness and vivacity, finishing with excellent clarity and persistence nervous.
GRAPES: Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Bollinger R.D. Magnum 1999
- R.D. stands for Recemment Degorge, (recently disgorged): Madame Bollinger created this legendary vintage in 1961, giving the world the opportunity to taste a champagne aged on lees for an exceptionally long time. Her great vision?
- Enabling knowledgeable wine connoisseurs to share a very special moment, when very recently disgorged wine is as fresh and aromatic as ever. It was a small revolution in the world of champagne... The daring Bollinger R.D. could only become James Bond's favourite champagne.
- Superb deep colour. Intense light.
- To the nose is great depth, hints of cashew and honey, flavours of caramelised apple pie. Woods and mushroom fricassee aromas.
- To the palate are complex stone fruit aromas revealed by time. Notes of mocha, cocoa and truffle.
- Great structure.
- Since 1952, small parcels of certain vintages of La Grande Annee have been kept on the lees for extended ageing, and then released years later as this unique wine.
- The vintage is 1999, the 22nd edition of this great wine, and it is ready now.
- 63% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay.
- 82% Grands Crus, 18% Premiers Crus.
- Only the very best among vintage champagnes become Bollinger R.D. 1999 was a magnificent year with hints of the 1970 and 1983 vintages.
- A very long maturation, more than three times longer than required by the appellation, for an infinite array of flavours: a true wine alchemy.
- Dosage: Very low: "Extra Brut", 3 to 4 grams of sugar per litre.
- "Intense, taut and full flavoured, with complex toasty notes and bright citrus freshness. There's also fine acidity, and notes of ripe apple, as well as some nectarine richness. Overall, though, this is a powerful wine with savoury bite, and the potential for further development. Wonderful stuff. 95/100." Jamie Goode, The Wine Anorak.com.
Reviews about Bollinger R.D. Magnum 2004
Nice and pretty colour. Very yeasty and biscuity on the nose. Quite sweet.
Reviews about Bollinger R.D. Magnum 2002
Bollinger R.D. Récemment Dégorgé Magnum 2002
We drank it with appetizers.
I drank this 2002 with my co-workers.