Description of Bollinger la Grande Année Rosé 2012
Bollinger la Grande Année Rosé 2012 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- View: its color is salmon with orange tones.
- Nose: aromas range from aromas of black currant and citrus fruits to.
- Mouth: it highlights the delicate, fresh and creamy flavors.
APPELLATION: Champagne (France).
VINEYARD: Champagne Bollinger.
GRAPES: 67% Pinot Noir and 33% Chardonnay.
AGEING: in oak barrels.
PREPARATION: the must remains in a fermentation process at a controlled temperature in oak casks until further aging in oak barrels for a long time. In fact, their maturation takes in twice as long as the time required by the denomincación of origin.
WINE PAIRING: It is recommended as an accompaniment to savory dishes such as quail, venison, pigeon and guinea fowl.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 10 ° C
How to serve
Bollinger is a great wine, much more than a great champagne. So here it starts through the vineyards and the demand for the best with regard to the selection of the cru.More about the Winery
Reviews of Bollinger la Grande Année Rosé 2012
- To the eye: Salmon coloured with orange hues
- To the nose: Red currant and almonds aromas followed by spicy and grilled notes. Flavours of great Burgundy Pinot Noirs.
- To the palate: Surprisingly wine-like but also very lively. Aromas of cherries, or kirsch, and toasted bread.
- 68% Pinot Noir, 32% Chardonnay, 89% Grands crus, 11% Premiers Crus, 5% red Cote aux Enfants wine. At Bollinger, only very high quality harvests become vintage: vintage 2004 gives us beautifully wine-like champagne, with pleasant hints of a great Pinot Noir.
Unfortunately, it did not match with food, but the wine was really good.
I tried it when my best friends fot married.