Elaboration of Ridge Vineyards Geyserville 2016
Ridge Vineyards Geyserville 2016 (Alicante Bouschet, Carignan, Syrah and Zinfandel)
- View: saturated ruby
- Nose: fruity fragrances, plum, black cherry, mint and gravel ground.
- Mouth: entrance with ripe fruit, balanced acidity and elegant tannins. long finish of ripe fruit.
APPELLATION: Alexander Valley.
VINEYARD: Name: Geyserville.
GRAPES: 73% Zinfandel, 17% Carignan, 7% Petite Sirah, Alicante Bouschet 3%.
AGEING: aged 12 months in oak barrels.
PREPARATION: Prepared according to the principles of organic agriculture. complete grinding of grapes, 100% floating lid, fermented with native yeasts, followed by complete malolactic with natural bacteria.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%
The history of Ridge Vineyards begins in 1885, when Osea Perrone, a doctor who became a prominent member of San Francisco's Italian community, bought 180 acres near the top of Monte Bello Ridge. He terraced the slopes and planted vineyards; using native limestone, he constructed the Monte Bello Winery, producing the first vintage under that name in 1892. This unique cellar, built into the mountainside on three levels, is Ridge's production facility. At 2600', it is surrounded by the "upper vineyard."More about the Winery
Reviews of Ridge Vineyards Geyserville 2016
It did not match with the dinner.
My best friend from California recommended it to me.
- View: saturated ruby purple.
- Nose: aromas of black cherry, plum, toasted oak and mineral gravel.
- Mouth: burly with chalky tannins, deep flavors blackberry, blackberries and fresh, sensual flavors and persistent layers in a long finish mint.
APPELLATION: California (region).
VINEYARD: Ridge Vineyards
GRAPES: 73% Zinfandel, 17% Carignan, Petite Sirah 9%, 1% Mataro (Mourvedre)
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.7%