Bodegas Torres (Brandy)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£57.72 + £4.31 Shipping (48h - 3 days)
Shipping: Tu Tienda Del Vino (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.88 points for each unit bought
Jaime I , an exceptional brandy made from the Parellada variety - native to Catalonia and from which aromatic, dry and light white wines are produced - together with Folle Blanche, this is a small gem of a cognac that pays homage to the spirit of creation.
On the one hand, it pays tribute to the creative spirit of Jaime Torres Vendrell, who around 1870 founded the Torres winery; on the other, it also serves as homage to Antoni Gaudí, who in those years began to create some of his best known works.
Inspiration has also been key to the creation of this virtuous cognac, which brakes the prevailailing hectic lifestyle of today and, in an unusual and exceptional display of old age, matures in the serenity granted by fine American oak barrels.
Its assemblage is made up of vintage brandies, older than those normally used in the world's most valued VSOPs, leaving no doubt that this is the pride and joy of the Torres family's gran reserva.
Intense, complex, majestic, with a persistent finish in which fine, characteristically Mediterranean notes appear, Jaime I is pure creation molded by the passage of time, so vital to being able to value and appreciate what really matters.
Technical sheet · Jaime I
|Grapes:||Cariñena, Parellada, Syrah, Garnacha tinta|
Gold Medal - International Spirits Challenge 2017
Word's Best Brandy - World Brandy Awards 2015
Best Brandy Solera - World Brandy Awards 2015
Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2017
Gold Medal - Spirits Selection 2017
Double Gold - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
Best Spanish Grape Brandy - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2015
Gran Medalla de Oro - CINVE 2016
Gold Medal - Internationaler Spirituosen Wettbewerb 2017
If you liked Jaime I, you may also enjoy...
Description · Bodegas Torres
Jaime I (Cariñena, Parellada, Syrah and Garnacha tinta)
- Color: Jaime I has a noble dark mahogany.
- Smell: The nose offers aromas of nuts (toasted hazelnut) with hints of vanilla and toffee.
- Mouth: The palate is round and soft. The spicy and sensual force provided by the oak aging distinguishes this very old brandy. It impresses with its persistence and balance.
PRESENTATION: the shape of the bottle is a tribute to Gaudí and the innovative spirit of the men who, in any trade, was passed from father to son, the illusion of a job well done, the house Torres created this old noblesse brandy named after the founder.
CELLAR: WINERYs Torres
Our Mission: To maintain our hundred year old tradition as a family company, with international projection, both self-financed and independent. With the aim of turning every customer into a friend. To be a leader in the premium wine and brandy business, with better and more differentiated...
Buy Bodegas Torres Spirits:
Highlighted review about Jaime I
Posted on 01/05/19 at 10.40
On the one hand, pays a tribute to the creative spirit of Jaime Torres Vendrell, who in 1870 founded the Torres winery; on the other, also it serves as a tribute to Antoni Gaudí, who at that time started to create some of his most famous works.
The inspiration was also the key to creating this virtuous cognac, which hampers the hectic lifestyle that prevails today and, in an unusual and exceptional old show, mature serenity guaranteed by the fine American oak barrels.
Its assembly is made up of vintage brandy, older than those normally used in VSOP most appreciated in the world, no doubt is the pride and joy of the great reserves of the Torres family.
Intense, complex, majestic, with a lingering finish in which purposes and typically Mediterranean notes appear, Jaime I is pure creation molded by the passage of time, so vital to be able to evaluate and appreciate what really matters.
More reviews about Jaime I
Posted on 31/12/17 at 10.56
Posted on 29/12/17 at 11.04
Torres Jaime I 30 Anni
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
Torres Jaime 1
- It displays a concentrated complex bouquet, with marked overtones of coconut, dried fruits and spices, typical of lengthy ageing. Round and lush, it has the smoothness that characterises great brandies.
- Jaime I is complex, majestic, with a lingering finish that leaves a velvety imprint on the palate.
- The Jaime I brandy has been made with very old 'soleras' aged from selected distilled white wines. Some of the soleras started off as distilled Parellada wines destined for their Torres 10 brandy, and which have been kept aside for many years to create a valuable stock reserve.
- These old reserves have been enriched with their best soleras, the oldest being 30 years old. Finally, to complement the aromatic intensity of these brandies with lighter fruity and floral notes, Torres have added a small amount of 1972 eau-de-vie of Folle Blanche, the rarest and noblest of grapes used to make the highest quality pot still brandies.