Murphy’s Brewery was a brewery founded in Cork, Ireland in 1856. It was known as Lady’s Well Brewery until it was purchased by Heineken International in 1983, when the name changed to Murphy Brewery Ireland Ltd. The name of the brewery was recently changed to Heineken Brewery Ireland, Ltd. The brewery produces Heineken, Murphy’s stout and other Heineken products for the Irish market.
By 1906, Murphy’s Brewery was Ireland’s second largest brewer (after Guinness).