Bouchard Père et Fils
- 15 Rue du Château
- Beaune (ZIP Code 21200)
- Beaune, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
- (+33) 380 248 024
The history of the Bouchard's family starts in 1731 with Michel Bouchard, merchant of woolen cloth, native from the Dauphiné's region, who founded this House of Commerce in Volnay, in Burgundy.
In 1775, his son, Joseph Bouchard, bought an estate in Volnay that included parcels of soil nowadays very famous: « Les Caillerets » and « Les Taillepieds ».
The French Revolution, which lead to a split of the Burgundy wine producing area, allowed the Maison Bouchard to acquire vineyards that belong to the Abbeys and the emigrate nobility. In 1889, the Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils got the whole parcel of the "Vigne de l'Enfant Jésus" spotted in the first crus of Beaune. At the eve of the First World War, the House Bouchard Père & Fils possessed a wine heritage, composed of more than 35 parcels, a vineyard's surface of more than 50 hectares and some monopoles like the « Grèves Vigne de l'Enfant Jésus », « Clos de la Mousse » or « Clos de la Rougeotte».
Today, the estate grew with the famous Echézeaux and Clos de Vougeot, that are and will stay some the most extraordinary appellation of Burgundy. The Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils is producing wines full of personality and extremely balanced.
Bouchard Père et Fils wines