R de Rieussec Blanc 201675cl
R de Rieussec Blanc 2016
Description of R de Rieussec Blanc 2016
R de Rieussec Blanc 2016 (Sémillon)
TASTING NOTES R of Rieussec Blanc 2016:
- View: pale yellow, green tones.
- Nose: ripe exotic fruits, pineapple, mango, citrus, honey, hints of stone and chalk.
- Mouth: pleasantly round, medium, buttery and soft acidity.
GRAPES: Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon.
WINE PAIRING: appetizers, fish and lean poultry.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12%
IN THE 18TH CENTURY, the Rieussec estate belonged to the Carmes de Langon monks. The confiscation of the estate during the revolution led to its public sale around 1790 as an "object of national heritage" to Mr. Marheilhac, the period's owner of Château La Louvière at Léognan.More about the Winery
Reviews of R de Rieussec Blanc 2016
- The harvest in Rieussec starts with the documents, which do not have the required level of botrytis, and a selection of pleasant fruits other documents
- The fermentation takes place in new barrels to 20%
- This technique gives the wine a good shelf life, but retains its freshness and fruit at the same time
- Allergens: contains sulfites