December is synonymous with the approach of the holiday season, a moment where everybody wants to spend time with friends and family, feeling relaxed and celebrating. So, what could be more enjoyable than drinking original cocktails with people you love? Here you can find some jolly cocktail recipes!
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 bottle of red wine
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Cut the orange in half, and squeeze the juice into the simmering water. Push the cloves into the outside of the orange peel, and place peel in the simmering water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Pour in the wine, and heat until steaming but not simmering. Remove the clove-studded orange halves. Serve hot in mugs or glasses that have been preheated in warm water (cold glasses will break.)
Hot Spiced Cide
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 large orange, quartered with peel
- 2-quarts apple cider
- Place filter in coffee basket
- Fill with brown sugar, allspice, cloves, cinnamon stick, salt, nutmeg, and orange wedges.
- Pour apple cider into the coffee pot where the water usually goes.
- Brew, and serve hot.
Colonial Hot Buttered Rum
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2-quarts hot water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cups rum
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, salt and hot water in 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir in rum.
- Ladle from the slow cooker into mugs, and top with whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg
Instant Russian Tea
- 2 cups orange-flavoured drink mix (e.g. Tang)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup instant tea powder
- 3/4 cup lemon-flavoured instant tea powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine orange drink mix, sugar, tea powder, cinnamon and cloves.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container.
- To serve, put 3 teaspoons of mix in a mug.
- Stir in 1 cup boiling water.
- Adjust to taste.
Campo Viejo Tempranillo is a composition of Tempranillo grapes from various regions of the Rioja to enhance the true taste of the variety.
Pruno 2014, s one of Spain’s most famous and wanted wines. To Robert Parker it’s the world’s best wine according to its price-value-ratio.