Don’t leave your Valentine’s Day plans to the last minute. Whether you’re thinking of organising a romantic dinner at home, treating yourself, or want gift ideas for Valentine’s Day, Drinks&Co are here to help. Make the most of this romantic day and take the opportunity to surprise your partner. To that end, we’ve compiled these Valentine’s Day drinks ideas guaranteed to make anyone swoon.
Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
This 14th of February, let’s make it easy to choose the best drinks to treat your partner (or yourself).
For the love birds
If your company is guaranteed, the wind is blowing in your sails. Enjoy yourself with fun drinks. Think playful and refreshing wines, and of course, bubbles!
For the lonely hearts
Our suggestion is to look for something that will get you in the mood. Dive into the rosés of Provence and let yourself go. Read this article while you’re at it and transport yourself to the south of France!
Your situation is crying out for top brands, exclusive editions and great wines. Don’t take half-measures here. This year Valentine’s Day can mark a turning point in your love life.
For the single men and ladies who want to treat themselves
You don’t want to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but you still want to have fun. Choose a good Cognac, brandy or sherry – meditative drinks par excellence. Want to drink sherry the fun way? Then check out How to Make Splendid Sherry Cocktails.
Give your evening a touch of glamour
Want to dazzle? Go for bubbles. Besides, champagne and sparkling wines in general will always help to create a romantic atmosphere. Choose your favourite bottle, find your company and accompany your Valentine’s Day dinner with some of these bubbly cocktails.
- 15ml of lime juice
- 30ml of tequila
- 30ml of orange liqueur
- 60ml of Champagne or other sparkling wine
- Salt for the rim and lime wedges.
- Rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, and roll it in salt.
- Shake the lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur in an ice-filled shaker and strain into a glass.
- Top up with your bubbly of choice.
Surprise them with a flower cocktail
Flowers are an almost obligatory element of Valentine’s Day. We suggest you use them in a cocktail and turn your Valentine’s Day gift into an unforgettable experience. The first thing to do is to choose a good spirit. Now put on some inspiring music and prepare any of these cocktails. Trust us, they’ll have you on cloud nine.
Blueberry and Lavender Gin Fizz
- 1 tsp lavender syrup, 50ml gin, 100g of fresh blueberries, lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp water, soda/tonic water and ice
- Simmer the blueberries and water in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until broken down. Mash the mixture or blend in a blender and allow to cool.
- Pour the blueberry purée, lavender syrup, gin and a squeeze of lemon juice into your glass and mix well.
- Add ice to each glass and then top up with soda or tonic water. Mix to stir the blueberry mixture at the bottom.
- Garnish with a sprig of lavender.
Honey Chamomile Whisky Cocktail
- 15ml honey chamomile syrup, 50 ml whisky, juice of half small lemon, 2 dashes orange bitters, fresh chamomile flowers
- Shake all the ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Strain over a glass filled with fresh ice.
- Add fresh chamomile flowers to garnish.
To discover more flower cocktails and how to make floral syrups, make sure you read Edible Flowers and How to Use Them in Cocktails.
We hope you’ve been inspired by some of these Valentine’s Day drinks ideas. If you’d like some more ideas for what you can do this February 14th, discover our drinks and film pairings for a romantic evening at home. And if you’d like to try a Valentine’s Day cocktail that’s truly heavenly, check out this quick and easy recipe for a Sweet Angel.
Translated by Chelsea Cummings from Concha Hierro’s original Spanish article Este San Valentín, móntatelo a lo grande.