We are used to describe the wines according to their organoleptic qualities, our tastes, where they come from or vintage, but what if we start to think about the sales? What are the best-selling wine brands in the world? Surely in the ranking we are going to present, you will find many surprises … In fact, the first thing that may draw attention is the total absence of French, Italian or Spanish brands.
10. Jacobs Creek. A range of Australian wines belonging to the multinational Pernod Ricard who have experienced tremendous growth in emerging markets like Chinese or Japanese, with nearly 7 million of 9 L cases sold.
9. Lindemans. With 7 million cases sold, the brand owned by the Australian company Treasury Wine Estates, based in Hunter Valley has a large circulation in the UK market, thanks to its great value for money, including its new selection of ?discoveries” from South Africa and Chile.
8. Beringer. From the same company, this label is well known in households andestablishments in the United States, thanks to sponsorship activity of sporting events such as the PGA golf tour, already reaching the figure of 8 million cases sold.
7. Robert Mondavi. One of the kings of Napa Valley Californian wines, owned by Constellation Brands, with over 11 million cases sold.
6. Sutter Home. Owned by Trinchero Family Estates , this Californian brand which dates back to the late nineteenth century, comfortably exceeds the 11 million cases , with a predominance of light rose wines, appealing and high quality for low price.
5. Yellow Tail. With nearly 13 million cases sold, the brand owned by Casella Wines is one of the largest in Australia, with a large volume of exports and currently expanding to conquer the British market.
4. Concha y Toro. More than 13 million cases worldwide. This brand Chilean, not in vain represents 33 % of total exports of the South American country.
3. Hardys. This Australian brand Accolade Wines Company can be found in more than 80 countries on five continents, with a special emphasis on the UK and a total of 14 million cases sold.
2. Great Wall. The fact that a brand from a country such as China rises to second place in this classification should not be surprising at this point. More than 15 ½ million boxes sold seems much, but it seems splendid future for processors worldwide on the Asian giant.
1. Gallo. Thanks to its wide range of varieties, the California manufacturer E & J Gallo Winery stands with pride of place in the Top 10 best-selling wine brands, with over 16 million cases of 9 l.