A perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day! With the colours of love, this tiramisu with red fruits allows you to end your romantic rendezvous in style.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
5 sponge fingers
200g frozen red fruits
A pinch of salt
A little crème de cassis
How to Make Tiramisu with Red Fruits
- Defrost the red fruits over a salad bowl (to collect the juice!).
- Separate the egg white from the yolk. Whisk the yolk with the sugar and set the egg white aside.
- Add the mascarpone.
- Whisk the egg white with a small pinch of salt and add it to the preparation.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 2 hours in the fridge if possible.
- Mix the juice of the red fruits with a little crème de cassis.
- Dip the sponge fingers in the juice and line the bottom of two glasses or the bottom of a dish.
- Then add a layer of mascarpone mixture and, on top, the red fruits.
Wine and Food pairings
And of course, it wouldn’t be a Drinks&Co post without some suggestions to accompany this delicious tiramisu with red fruits.
Red berries and a nice acidity. Heavenly!
Happy Saint Valentine’s Day!
Translated by Chelsea Cummings from Isabelle Escande’s orginal French article.