As autumn unfolds, bringing along its proverbial brown leaves and icy winds, people start feeling the bites of the cold and need something to warm up their spirit and their body. If you like both hot drinks and alcoholic beverages, you will surely love a flavourful punch. Here are some ideas to properly enjoy chilly days:
Warm and Spicy Autumn Punch
- 2 oranges
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 cups apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stud the whole oranges with cloves, and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, put the apple juice with the cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the nutmeg, honey, lemon juice, and pineapple juice.
- Serve hot in a punch bowl with the 2 clove-studded baked oranges floating on top.
- 2 lemons
- 3 large oranges
- 1 (6 ounces) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 litre of club soda
- 2 (750 millilitres) bottles sparkling apple cider
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 trays of ice cubes
- Thinly slice the lemons and oranges and place them in a large punch bowl.
- Pour in the thawed lemonade.
- Gently stir in the club soda and the sparkling apple cider.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Add ice cubes.
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- In a slow-cooker or a large pot over low heat, combine apple cider, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Season with cloves, ginger and nutmeg.
- Bring to a simmer. If using a slow cooker, allow it to simmer all day.
- Serve hot.
Luscious Slush Punch
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounces) packages strawberry flavoured
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-quart orange juice
- 2 (2 litres) bottles lemon-lime flavoured carbonated beverage
- Bring the sugar, water, and strawberry flavoured gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture into 2 separate containers and freeze.
- Combine the contents of 1 container with 1 bottle of the lemon-lime flavoured carbonated beverage in a punch bowl; stir until slushy.
- Repeat with remaining portions as needed.
Vigneti del Salento Muri Primitivo 2016, a red wine from the region of Puglia that is based on the best of Primitivo.
Diamante, a white wine from Rioja that is based on Viura, Malvasía and Macabeo grapes.