If you’re looking for some inspiration to design a healthy and delicious menu this spring, be sure to read these recipes with wine.
Starter: Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce
This recipe, ideal for 2 people, has the delicate flavour of mushrooms complemented with a touch of white wine without overpowering their taste. Mushrooms strengthen the immune system, being rich in selenium.
- 400 grams mushrooms
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cayenne pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Remove the bottom of the mushrooms with a knife, place them in a bowl with water to remove the dust. Drain them, dry them with a kitchen towel and cut them in halves.
- Crush the garlic clove, peel it and chop it into very small pieces.
- Heat a pan with oil, add chopped garlic until golden, chilli and mushrooms. Stir-fry them for 1 minute, add the flour and mix until getting a smooth consistency.
- Pour the wine and half a glass water to the mix. Season to taste and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Mix and serve.
Fillaboa 2013 is a white wine that perfectly match this recipe made with mushrooms.
Main course: Spring Risotto
The spring risotto is prepared with mushrooms and lime beans. It is a simple option to prepare and quite healthy for 2 people. Lima beans have a very low fat content, they are rich in fibre, carbohydrates and vegetable protein.
- 100 grams rice
- 100 grams spring mushrooms
- 50 grams lime beans
- 50 grams shelled peas
- pea pods
- 1 leek
- 2 white asparagus
- 1 tablespoon “Fino” or “Manzanilla” wine
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Peel the asparagus and prepare a broth with the peelings, pea pods, water and salt. Strain and reserve.
- Chop the leek into thin pieces, place them in a saucepan and bring to fry with an olive oil spray. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry.
- Add the rice and lime beans and continue sautéing. Pour the wine and let it reduce a little.
- Gradually, add the broth previously reserved, season to taste, add a drop of truffle oil and stir constantly for 15 minutes. If necessary, add a little more broth.
- Add the peas and chopped asparagus. Season with a pinch of oregano and a drop of truffle oil. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Juan Gil 12 Meses 2013, Juan Gil 12 Meses 2013, the new vintage, can be a great companion for a risotto like this.
Dessert: Grilled Peaches with wine sorbet
This dessert is an excellent choice for hot afternoons; peaches are rich in vitamin C, A, B1 and B2. The wine sorbet proposed give them a unique flavour.
- 4 peaches
- 4 eggs
- 90 grams sugar
- 3 dl red wine
- 50 grams butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat a pan with the wine and 2 tablespoons sugar until reducing the mixture. Put away from heat, place in a container and into the freezer. When frozen, prepare a sorbet by chopping ice and reserve cold.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Wash the peaches, cut them in halves and remove the bones. In a baking dish with a few drops of honey, place the peaches and 50 grams butter. Bring to oven for 20 minutes.
- Reserve the peach juice, mix with the egg yolks and 1 teaspoon sugar. Bring this mixture to water bath for 10 minutes and reserve.
- Serve the egg cream with a few teaspoons of the prepared sorbet and the grilled peaches.
Ferreira Branco is a fortified wine that goes great with desserts.
* Images: Uvinum and Javier García (flickr)