With this heat wave that has befallen us, chances are you’re planning to spend the weekend at the beach and not move from there until the sun sets. If this is your plan, you can not miss the recipe ideas that we present today. Besides being very tasty, they are easy to prepare, refreshing and healthy. Do you have a pen in hand to go buy the ingredients?
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 300 g couscous
- 5 branch tomatoes
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 spring onions
- 3 limes
- Soak the couscous in the same proportion of water with salt and let it absorb.
- When the grain is puffed and no there’s no longer liquid, stir with a fork to separate.
- Peel the previously scalded tomatoes, and once cold cut into cubes. Cut the onion and the coriander and mint leaves. Add to the couscous and mix.
- Squeeze the limes and mix the juice with oil and salt, then gradually add it to the mixture. Let cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator and serve.
Cold vegetable pie
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 100 grams spinach
- 100 grams green beans
- 100 grams pumpkin
- 50 grams green asparagus
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml cream
- Vegetable broth
- 2 sheets gelatin
- White pepper
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and cut the vegetables into cubes to saute them in oil and broth. Season and drain.
- Put to soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- When the vegetables begin to boil, add more broth, cream and the gelatin sheets. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Leave them to warm and incorporate the yolks, stirring gently. Then add the stiff egg whites, and stir up and down.
- Spread a baking dish with olive oil and place the stuffing. Bake at 150° C on a water bath for 15 minutes.
- Unmold and serve.
Sandwich with shrimps and avocado
- 1 package of bread
- 100 grams frozen shrimps
- Bottled mayonnaise to taste
- Wasabi to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- Chives to taste
- A few lettuce leaves
- Olive oil to taste
- Mix the wasabi with mayonnaise into a paste. Put pepper to taste.
- Cook the prawns. Put a hot pan, place the prawns previously drained. Remove the pan from the heat and remove the water. Put again the frying pan and repeat until water stops flowing out.
- Pour a splash of oil in the pan and saute the shrimps.
- Mix the shrimp with the wasabi mayonnaise at room temperature.
- Place some chopped chives and stir.
- To assemble the sandwich, first place some lettuce, then the shrimp and mayonnaise paste and finally a few slices of avocado.
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams mushrooms
- 50 grams Emmental cheese
- Grated cheese to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Clean the mushrooms, cut them and place them in a pan with a little oil.
- Beat the eggs.
- Saute the mushrooms in the pan with hot oil. Add the minced garlic and a little parsley.
- Pour the mixture from the pan to the beaten eggs with grated Emmental cheese. Mix and pour back into the pan.
- Wait until the omelette is browned underneath and, with a wooden spatula, cover one end of the omelette with the other, wait 1 minute and serve.
Canapés of sardines and tomato
- 1 bunch arugula
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 4 bread rolls
- 1 can of sardines
- 4 lemons
- Cut the bread rolls in half and toast them to start the recipe.
- Clean the arugula and put it in the, along with a drained sardine, in each bread roll.
- Cut into 4 pieces the cherry tomatoes and put 2 parts on each piece of bread.
- Cut the lemons into wedges and place one on each bread roll. Serve.
And if you want to take some wine to accompany these delicious dishes, we share some suggestions with you. Just do not forget to take an ice cold cooler 🙂
Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2014 is a Marlborough from the Cloudy Bay cellar produced with sauvignon blanc from the 2014 vintage and with an alcohol content of 13.5º.
Mortitx Blanc, a wine white with the VT Mallorca DO and with an alcohol proof of 12º.
*Image: Jean Gaetan Guillemaud (flickr)