Historically it has been known that wine provides many nutrients and health benefits. But now it has a direct competitor, the beer, which now stands as another drink with several advantages for the body in general. Today, we show you these 10.
- Good for the heart. A number of studies have established that the consumption of beer, always moderate, reduces cardiovascular disease by 30%.
- Against arthritis. Studies performed with beer suggest that women who drank moderate levels of beer were 22% less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis.
- Brain stimulator. It is good to stimulate the brain, so a beer per day helps reducing the appearance of some memory-related brain diseases.
- Rich in potassium. Beer is rich in potassium, a fact that offers a good diuretic effect.
- Decreases pressure. If you drink beer moderately, there is less chance of having high blood pressure in the long run.
- Vitamin B. It brings large doses of vitamin B. This is good for some issues, such as regeneration of cells.
- Good for the bones. Other minerals found in beer, such as magnesium or phosphorus help prevent bone-related diseases.
- Antioxidant. It provides natural antioxidants, so beer is good for delaying skin aging.
- It’s not fattening. Contrary to common belief, beer -always consumed in moderation- is not related to weight gain, as shown by a study from the University of London with nearly 2,000 beer drinkers.
- Very hydrating. It brings a lot more hydration than other types of soft drinks. And it contains much less sugar.
So, you know, drink beer, but always in moderation! Today we recommend a french and a italian beer:
Biere Du Demon
Peroni Nastro Azzurro