Elaboration of Beyra Old Vines Brut 2014
Beyra Old Vines Brut 2014 (Síria)
- View: straw yellow, fine and persistent bubbles.
- Nose: very fresh, citrus and mineral aroma, notes of nuts.
- Mouth: creamy mouth feel and a vibrant acidity.
AGEING: after the second fermentation in the bottle, classic method wine aged in the cellar Beyra basement for 18 months. Removed manually, disgorging '. Final refinement in bottles for 3 months.
PREPARATION: grapes harvested in mid-August, for grapes with high acidity and low sugar. handpicking, directly receiving the air press, with very mild crushing and pressing processes. Technology equipped with controlled cooling to about 16 °C in inert atmosphere temperature. First stage fermentation lees and "batonnage".
PAIRING: as an aperitif, with desserts.
TEMPERATURE: 11 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12%
CARM - Casa Agrícola Roboredo Madeira, Lda is a strictly family concern, having been in the same family since business began in the middle of the 17th century. Farming activity has always been centred on the region in which the river Douro flows into Portugal, where the world's oldest denomination also has its origin, the "Região Demarcada do Douro" of Port wine.More about the Winery
Reviews of Beyra Old Vines Brut 2014
Fine and persistent bubbles, has a very fresh aroma - citrus and mineral - with notes of dried fruit. Creamy feel in the mouth combined with a vibrant acidity from the Siria grapes.
- Winemaker: Rui Madeira
- Winemaking: Harvest in mid-August, to get grapes with high acidity and low sugar. Manual harvest for small Palotes. The grapes are received directly into the pneumatic press, with very processes gentle crushing and pressing. Endowed with technology cold with temperature controlled at around 16 ° C in inert atmosphere. First fermentation stage in fine lees and "batonnage". After the second fermentation in the bottle - Classical Method - the wine ages in the basement cellar of Beyra for 18 months. 'Remouage' manual followed by 'glacée degorgement'. Final thinning in bottles for 3 months.
- Grape Varieties: Síria.
- Food Pairing: For its versatility, it is an excellent aperitif, and pairs well with desserts.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve at a temperature of 11ºC.