Abdij der Trappisten Westmalle (Beer)
£3.29 + £4.95 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£19.73 + £4.95 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£39.46 + £4.95 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
Shipping: Drinksupermarket Free shipping from £241.67 in this store
£ You will receive 0.05 points for each unit bought
Delivery time is estimated:
- This product has an additional preparation time of 48 hours.
Sometimes called the 'Mother of all Tripel', Westmalle Tripel was brewed for the first time on the occasion of the brewery's opening in 1934. The recipe hasn't changed since 1956. Usually, you'll find this beer in 33 cl-bottles. But you can also purchase Westmalle Tripel in 75 cl-bottles. It's curious that depending on the bottle size, the Tripel ale matures differently and elaborates a distinctive aroma and taste in each version.
If you liked Westmalle Tripel, you may also enjoy...
Description · Abdij der Trappisten Westmalle
- Appearance: This drink is lighter in colour than most beers. It has a yellow-orange color. The lighter colour is due in part to the fact it is a tripel.
- Aroma: The primary scent of this beverage comes from the hops is it made with. This also carries some added herbal scents, even though no added herbs or botanicals have been added. As with most beers, there is also a strong yeast scent.
- Body/ Flavour: The scent and flavours of the beverage match up well with each other. This is a hoppy drink. Outside of hops, it is also made with barley, which adds to the flavour profile. Sugar and yeast is also in the ingredient list, which slightly affects the flavour. Its higher-than-average alcohol content makes it taste stronger as well.
BREWERY: The Westmalle Trappist Brewery, also known as Abdij der Trappisten an Westmalle, was founded in 1794, in West Malle, Antwerp, Belgium. In the first many years of the brewery, the alcohol produced was no sold. It began being made for sale in 1836. About 100 years later, in 1934, the recipe for Westmalle Tripel was created. The recipe is still used today. As a fun fact, the Westmalle Trappist Brewery is one of only a dozen Trappist breweries in the world.
FERMENTATION TYPE: Warm fermenting.
BEER TYPE: Tripel (Strong pale ale)
Abdij der Trappisten Westmalle
Buy Abdij der Trappisten Westmalle Beer:
Highlighted review about Westmalle Tripel
Posted on 24/11/15 at 09.24
More reviews about Westmalle Tripel
Posted on 11/04/14 at 11.06
Posted on 17/05/15 at 12.07
- Appearance: Westmalle Triple shows a golden color
- Aroma: strong scent of herbs, cilantro, thyme, rosemary
- Body / Taste: Fairly dry with a balanced bitterness, with a clean palate, floral and fruity - orange peels, all combine in a complex way on a dry hop character and clean flavor and firm malt
TYPE OF BEER: Trappist
Posted on 05/10/13 at 06.09