L'Abbaye de Rochefort (Beer)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£1.98 + £6.26 Shipping (10 - 12 days)
Shipping: Bierhut (Netherlands)
£ You will receive 0.03 points for each unit bought
Delivery time is estimated:
- This product has an additional preparation time of 3 days.
The world of Belgian beers is vast and delicious. With so many gems waiting to be discovered, there are certain beers that you simply cannot let pass you by. Without any doubt, one of those beers that must be tried is Rochefort 8. Also known as "Green Cap" to differentiate it from its Rochefort siblings, this deep brown beer has been voted one of the best beers in the world on various occasions.
A rich ale with a full body to back up the depth of flavours it contains, Rochefort 8 is a spicy, chocolatey, bittersweet product that any beer lover ought to enjoy. This beer is brewed at the Abbaye Note-Dame de Saint-Remy by Trappist monks. The number 8 in its name is in reference to its gravity in traditional Belgian degrees. What began as a special release in the 1950s, quickly grew in popularity, causing the monks to thankfully decide to make this special beer on a regular basis.
Assertive and fruity, this chocolate-coloured beer weighs in at a hefty 9.2% alcohol by volume. The alcohol content is beautifully balanced by the flavour profile, though, so it never overpowers the palate. This is a beer made for savouring with excellent company and any flavourful food that can hold its own against a beer this good.
If you liked Rochefort 8, you may also enjoy...
Description · L'Abbaye de Rochefort
- View: chocolate brown color. And lasting lather.
- Nose: The aroma is sweet, very fruity, with many notes of malt.
- Palate: Fruity and dry at the end
Alcohol: 9% Vol
L'Abbaye de Rochefort
Rochefort is located in the Province of Namur. This small town is home to the Abbey of Notre-Dame de Saint-Remy. Stirring at the abbey since 1595 but at the time, priority was given to agricultural activity. About twenty monks live in the Abbey which 5 involved brewing. At Rochefort, the amount...
Buy L'Abbaye de Rochefort Beer:
Highlighted review about Rochefort 8
Posted on 28/05/11 at 10.46
More reviews about Rochefort 8
Posted on 11/04/14 at 11.06
Posted on 28/05/11 at 10.14
Color is very dark, almost black. The taste is dense, deep, with a creamy texture, with flavors of roasted peanuts and baking bread, and the bitterness of the hops always present.
To understand, I paeció a mix between Guinness and Chimay. Very good.
Posted on 12/11/15 at 12.42
- Appearance: Rochefort 8 Trappiste shows a dark brown tones, which makes a lot of foam to fall into the cup. It is surprising the amount of gas that escapes when you open the bottle.
- Aroma: aroma rich port wine, apples, caramel, plums, citrus fruits, brandy and spices.
- Body / Flavor: Regarding the taste, which is what matters, upon entering found a soft mouth, sparkling and slightly bitter taste accompanied with a sweet aroma. The body becomes light and caramelized, but drink for drink becomes increasingly powerful. This beer just leaving a dry and intense aftertaste that sticks to the palate with the taste left by the body.
TYPE OF BEER: Trappist