Rolf Binder Hales Shiraz 201475cl
Rolf Binder Hales Shiraz 2015
Description of Rolf Binder Hales Shiraz 2014
Rolf Binder Hales Shiraz 2014 (Shiraz)
TASTING NOTES OF Rolf Binder Hales Shiraz 2014:
- View: Cherry.
- Nose: sweet red berries.
- Mouth: licorice, cassis, hints of vanilla and blueberries, ripe tannins and complex, soft and accessible acidity
APPELLATION: Barossa Valley.
VINES: Rolf Binder
PAIRING: Red meat and barbecue dishes.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.1%
Reviews of Rolf Binder Hales Shiraz 2014
- Rolf Binder comments, "This wine is a mixture of grapes selected from our own vineyards and those of growers with whom we have been working for many years. I am a great believer that a grower will always intimately know his own vineyards, know what is best for his vines, and his individual patches of vines. Therefore taking into account the yearly growing conditions, a grower will have a feeling for what yield the vines will carry. Our growers have pride and are conscious of quality.
- I like to observe these vineyards all year round and find that this gives me a good understanding of what the vine gives and how to prepare for the harvest. My involvement in the vineyards starts after the flowering when the crop level can be assessed. This is now the time to decide if the set has been abundant, or if there should be some crop removal to the assist the vine ensuring an even optimum ripening. This rarely happens as the grower has a good feeling for the vine and ensures that his winter pruning is done to give quality over quantity.
- Next, in the ripening stage, is to monitor the irrigation in each relevant vineyard. The most critical time to me for the vine is the colouring (veraison). Here the vine must be healthy and have good leaf cover to ensure an optimum level of sunlight interception. I like to gradually give the vine less water so that, as they ripen, they slowly fill themselves with the grape reserves, and at the same time cause a slight shrivel, increasing the skin to juice ratio.
- The decision to pick is based on the flavour and level of seed ripeness, giving us the confidence of there being harmonious tannins in the grape."
I had it alone.
All of my friends were delighted about this wine.