Dandelion Vineyards Lionheart Of The Barossa Shiraz 375ml 2018375ml
Dandelion Vineyards Lionheart Of The Barossa Shiraz 375ml 2018
Discover More About Our Products
Lionheart Of The Barossa Shiraz 2018 comes from an old vine Barossa vineyard. These ancient, gnarled vines, many over a hundred years of age, are not only surviving but thriving on their own roots in some of the oldest soils on the planet.
Dandelion Vineyards Lionheart is ready to drink and will reward cellaring and decanting.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2018 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Barossa Valley (South Australia, Australia)|
|Volume:||37.5cl Other volumes|
|Wine Level In The Bottle:||Top-Shoulder (THE - Très Haute Epaule)|
Description of Dandelion Vineyards Lionheart Of The Barossa Shiraz 375ml 2018
Dandelion Vineyards Lionheart Of The Barossa Shiraz 375ml 2018 (Shiraz)
TASTING NOTES:View: Nightly dark yet bright as if draped in a violet-plum moonshine.Nose: Damson plums and reduced plums and plum jam made yesterday morning and, oh, plum chutney too. All of this plummy aromaticity is set off by other primary fruit drivers: olives, bay, the more freshly picked woody herbs such as sage and rosemary and thyme. The bouquet whispers of dark liqueur chocolate, cocoa and vanilla.Mouth: Here is a ripe yet restrained profile of fruit purity; the palate is clean, clear and defined - etched minerality and savouriness runs in fine powdery tannic layers. This is Barossa that is beautiful not brazen; beguiling not boisterous; a balance not a bomb, yet still indubitably - indubitably - Barossa.
APPELLATION: Barossa Valley (Australia).
GRAPES: 100% Shiraz.
AGEING: After 18 months maturation and a racking in French oak, Lionheart of the Barossa Shiraz 2018 was bottled without filtration or fining, to capture the essence of the vineyard.
PREPARATION: In the last week of April whole bunches of Shiraz were hand-harvested, then gently crushed and naturally fermented in open fermenters for eight days, hand plunged twice a day, before careful basket pressing into some new but predominantly older French Oak Barriques to finish fermentation.
WINE PAIRING: This red wine's minerality, acidity and fruit depth make it extremely versatile with foods: from char siu pork, mature hard cheeses, chargrilled chicken, a simple pepper steak, beef in a black bean sauce, to sausages with a hint of chilli.
Reviews of Dandelion Vineyards Lionheart Of The Barossa Shiraz 375ml 2018
- On the nose, it has lifted aromas of ripe blackberries, blueberries, spicy pepper notes and Christmas pudding-like spices. Generous, mouth-filling sweet blackberries, raspberries and plums are pronounced on the palate, with sweet spice.
- It has firm, but fine, tannins and dark chocolate nuances continue onto the lengthy palate.
- Lifted blue fruits, blood plum, ripe blackberries and Christmas pudding-like spice flow out of the glass with spicy pepper, and hints of bramble and dark chocolate.
- Generous mouth filling sweet blackberry, raspberry and plums cover the palate with lashings of sweet spice.
- Firm but fine tannins and dark chocolaty nuances continue throughout the lengthy palate with a youthful finish.