Charles Melton Nine Popes Barossa Valley 201575cl
Charles Melton Nine Popes Barossa Valley 2016
Description of Charles Melton Nine Popes Barossa Valley 2015
Charles Melton Nine Popes Barossa Valley 2015 (Mataro)
- View: Intense red, amber edge.
- Nose: ripe fruit, sweet spices and salted caramel.
- Mouth: well balanced, full, soft tannins, a long and tasty end.
APPELLATION: Barossa Valley.
VINES: Charles Melton
GRAPES: Grenache 49%, 48% Shiraz, Mataro 3% and 3% Mouvedre.
AGEING: Two years in barrels and French oak predominantly foudres
PREPARATION: fermentation carried out with yeasts to relatively cool temperatures (18-23ºC), with traditional pumps, I dejaso contact lees and subjected to periodic shaking.
PAIRING: poultry like chicken, Camembert or Brie cheese soft type.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%
Reviews of Charles Melton Nine Popes Barossa Valley 2015
- The mid-palate is plump with rounded tannins and complex layers of flavour.
- The finish is long and rewarding.
- 73% Syrah/Shiraz, 23% Grenache/Garnacha, 4% Mataro.
Deep red cherry colour. To emphasize on this the smell of coffee. The flavour doesn't go out right away.
A good Charles Melton who goes well with beef stew.