|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Barolo (Piemonte, Italy)|
Description of Pio Cesare Barolo 2016
Pio Cesare Barolo 2016 (Nebbiolo)
- View: Color red garnet.
- Nose: conquer the game between sweet notes of dried plums and jams, and fresh notes, balsamic and liquorice
- Mouth: The palate is fine, clean and persistent, with an accessible and extraordinarily satisfying drink.
APPELLATION: Barolo (Italy).
AGEING: Its development is due to the fruit was fermented in stainless steel tanks (up to a month of contact with skin), then the wine was transferred to French oak (mostly in barrels from 20 to 50 hectoliters, the rest smaller barrels) where it matured for three years.
WINE PAIRING: Ideal to combine with dove, pheasant roasted, braised in Barolo, tenderloin with figs, beef, pasta, lamb and game (deer, deer).
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16- 18 ° C
The Pio Cesare winery was founded in 1881 by our great great-grandfather Cesare Pio. He was one of the very first wine producers to believe in the great potential and quality of Barolo, Barbaresco, Barbera and in the other great wines of Piemonte. Cesare Pio, in the second portion of 1800s, was among the very first winemakers to produce these wines with a philosophy that was dedicated to the terroir and the strictest quality of the wine.Giuseppe PioMore about the Winery
Reviews of Pio Cesare Barolo 2016
- It is immediately approachable, but it also has a very long ageing potential.
- The grapes are sourced from family owned vineyards in Serralunga d'Alba (Ornato), Grinzane Cavour (Gustava), La Morra (Roncaglie) and Barolo-Novello (Ravera).
- The balance of the grapes comes from other exclusive vineyards owned by growers, who have been providing grapes to the Pio Cesare family for generations.
- Vinification takes place in stainless steel tanks, with skin contact for about 20 days.
- The wine is aged in mid-toasted French oak for three years: 70 percent in 20 to 50 hectolitre casks; 30 percent in barriques.