Discover More About Our Products
Amarone, is a great Italian classic. That of Tommasi comes from the vineyards of La Groletta and Conca d'Oro, located in the heart of Valpolicella, on the lush hills of Sant'Ambrogio. The Corvina Veronese, Corvinone, Rondinella and Oseleta grapes are harvested by hand in October and then left to dry in special drying lofts until January. During these months, the fruits lose about 50% of their weight and increase their sugar concentration. After vinification, the wine is aged for 3 years in Slavonian oak barrels and a further year in bottles before release.
Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico of Tommasi is characterised by juicy hints of ripe cherries and plums, it leaves a velvety sensation in the mouth and the taste persists for a long time. It is the ideal wine to accompany rich and savoury dishes, such as mature cheeses, game and red meats.
Description of Tommasi Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2016
Tommasi Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2016 (Corvina, Oseleta, Rondinella and Corvinone)
- View: Deep ruby red colour with garnet tones.
- Nose: Ripe, intense and very refined bouquet; notes of cherries in liqueur, very ripe plums, coffee and liquorice.
- Mouth: Complex, soft and full-bodied; notes of cherry and plum; very persistent finish.
DENOMINATION: Amarone della Valpolicella
VINE: Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Oseleta.
AGING: 3 years in Slavonian oak barrels; resting in bottle for one year before release.
PREPARATION: Manual harvesting and selection of the grapes; the grapes are placed in small open racks and transported to special drying rooms for drying until January; fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 25 days.
PAIRINGS: Ideal with parmesan cheese, wagyu beef, duck cooked in balsamic vinegar and tasty pasta dishes.
How to serve
The Tommasi vineyard is the success story of a small family business from the Veneto which grew into a truly Italy-wide company.More about the Winery
Reviews of Tommasi Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2016
- Fragrance - Warm, ripe on the nose, intense and of great refinement.
- Taste - Complex, smooth, full bodied, lots of cherry notes and plum.
- Recommended with - Red meat, game, mature cheeses.
- Excellent after-dinner wine.
- 75% Corvina Veronese, 15% Corvinone, 10% Rondinella.
Best paired with other food than the one we ordered.
We drank this wine with friends.
The border colour was almost brown. The wine mainly smells like roses. It has an appropriate bitter end.
This wine was good for the dinner.