Sogrape Vinhos (Alentejo)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£3.61 + £3.48 Shipping (5 - 10 days)
Shipping: Portugal Vineyards (Portugal)
£ You will receive 0.06 points for each unit bought
Established in 1942, Mateus is a Portuguese brand of wine from Sogrape Vinhos Portugal. This family-run company is known for its large range of Portuguese wines and spirits that it distributes all over the world. Mateus Rosé became the flagship wine for the company, slowly gaining popularity around the world. Over time, more versions of Mateus were released, using the same iconic bottle: short, plump, and flask-shaped. Now a global brand, Mateus has a delicious range of rosés suited for a wide range of occasions.
The white version of this wine is Mateus Blanco . Light, fresh, and slightly fizzy, this is a beautiful young wine made with Fernão Pires, Bical, Arinto, and Malvasia grapes. Modern winemaking techniques paired with an extensive amount of experience have crafted a beautiful white wine that is extraordinarily versatile. Nicely acidic, this fruity white is refreshing on its own. It also pairs well with grilled fish and seafood as well as with other lighter dishes.
The bright sensation of the bubbles on the tongue make this wine feel celebratory while the flavour makes it perfect for every day drinking. Mateus Blanco can be enjoyed in both leisurely moments and celebrations as well. It is all up to you! Just make sure to chill it well beforehand.
If you liked Mateus Blanco, you may also enjoy...
Description · Sogrape Vinhos
Mateus Blanco (Arinto, Bical, Fernao Pires and Malvasía)
- View: Mateus Blanco is a pale-lemon-coloured wine.
- Nose: The nose is young and very pronounced. Mateus Blanco has a very fruity and floral bouquet with notes of lemon, lime, apples and blossom.
- Mouth: This is a light-bodied, slightly fizzy wine with a fresh acidity, some residual sugar and a medium-long, pleasant finish. It shows flavours of lemon, apple and lime, a hint of honeysuckle and floral notes.
VINEYARD: Although this region and producer were world-renowned for their rose wine, made in a special style, lately many producers, among which Mateus is the leading one, have started producing white wine in a similar semi-sparkling style. The grapes are derived from different white variety growers inside the appellation.
GRAPES: Fernão Pires, Bical, Arinto, Malvasia
AGEING: It does not go through barrel ageing before bottling.
PREPARATION: The grapes are harvested, de-stemmed and crushed. The fermentation is done in stainless steel tanks in a temperature-controlled environment. After the fermentation is done, the wine is refined and cold-stabilized prior to the bottling.
PAIRING: It can be enjoyed as an aperitif but also pairs amazingly with grilled fish, seafood, salad and light meat meals or snacks.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: This wine is made to be consumed youthful and therefore should not be bottle aged for longer than 2 years. Before opening, it should be cooled down to 6-8°C
Sogrape Vinhos was born of the will and courage of a group of friends. In the difficult economic and political environment of 1942, they decided to stake everything on the visionary talents of one man. Today, led by the third generation of the founding family, Sogrape Vinhos is ever more closely...
Buy Sogrape Vinhos Wine:
Highlighted review about Mateus Blanco
Posted on 31/08/17 at 13.31
More reviews about Mateus Blanco
Posted on 13/06/15 at 04.02
It has a straw yellow colour . Aromas of banana. The texture of this wine from was oily.
Posted on 19/02/15 at 05.27
I found it amazing
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Mateus Rosé Branco
It is a young wine with a citrus-like hue and fruity bouquet, with a fine acidity and well balanced, lively and young in the mouth.
- Winemaker: Miguel Pessanha
- Winemaking: Vinification follows the traditional method for white wines and fermentation is carried out slowly, with no skins, in stainless steel vats at 16ºC controlled temperature. Fining is followed by cold-stabilisation, after which the wine is filtered and bottled. The whole process is done with extreme care, so as consistently to ensure Mateus unique style, colour and freshness.
- Grape Varieties: Malvasia, Fernão Pires, Bical, Arinto.
- Food Pairing: It may be served as an aperitif or with grilled fish and seafood, salad and lighter meals in general.
- Store and Serve Advices: It should be consumed young, ideally in the year after harvest and should be stored in a dry and cool place, sheltered from light. Serve between 8ºC-10ºC.
Posted on 26/02/15 at 04.43
PRODUCER: Sogrape Vinhos, SA
Young, fruity and fresh ideal to enjoy during aperitif or paired with fish, seafood or white meat wine.
Temperature: 6-8º C.
Graduation: 10% Vol.
Capacity: 75 cl.