Dona Maria Vinhos elaborates this Dona Maria Branco , a white wine from the region of Alentejo made of syrah, cabernet sauvignon, alicante bouschet and aragonêz. Drinks&Co users reviewed this white wine with 3,9 of 5 points.
“16,5 pts Vinho Grandes Escolhas - Complex red berries, toasted, with suggestions of over ripe plums. Rich red berry flavour with great persistence, balanced, rounded and with a good structure that will allow it to age well.”
“clear appearance. living color violet. Complex red fruits with toasted. suggesting berries. Rich flavor of red fruits with a lot of persistence. balanced. round and with a good structure that allows good longevity.”
Complex red berries, toasted, with suggestions of over ripe plums. Rich red berry flavour with great persistence, balanced, rounded and with a good structure that will allow it to age well.
- Winemaker: Sandra Gonçalves
- Winemaking: Ageing for 6 months in 60% French oak barrels and 40% in American oak barrels.
- Grape Varieties: Aragonês, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alicante Bouschet, Syrah.
- Food Pairing: This wine finely accompanies red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serve at a temperature of 16°C to 18ºC.”
- View: Dona Maria Reserva 2009 is dark ruby
- Nose: rich, fruit aroma, mint. spicy
- Mouth: intense, round, silky tannins, balanced, persistent finish
VINEYARD: Júlio Bastos
GRAPES: Alicante Bouschet, Petit Verdot, Syrah,
AGING: aged 12 months in french oak barrels
PREPARATION: vinified with selected grapes from old vines. Fermented in ancient marble "lagares", using the traditional foot-treading method.